Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Astronaut food and playground activities

There were some activities that needed to be done outside, so one day we went to a playground nearby (the only one I know of with a merry-go-round) to talk more about gravity and space travel. Here, the children are rolling a ball to each other as the merry-go-round spins, and observing its path.

Here, we are eating and drinking upside-down (kind of like this)

Here we seeing the difficulties of launching rockets into orbit, trying to reach the moon even as we are rotating ourselves (and of course, the moon is not a stationary target either).

I still remember how amazed I was the first time I tasted "astronaut ice cream." It is so weird and cool. I ordered these foods and we tried them out for our picnic after the day's activities. The children loved that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...