Saturday, October 7, 2023

Timpanogos Cave Field Trip

We hiked to Timpanogos Cave! I hadn't been here since I was a little girl. It was fun to take the school kids, and we were glad to leave the littlest ones at home because the hike is pretty steep (with sheer drops on the sides! A little girl fell off and died on this trail when Abe was a baby, and I have been scared to take kids here ever since!)

This turned out to be a sad day for me (I started miscarrying a baby on the drive home, though I was grateful the bleeding hadn't started as we were hikingšŸ˜„) so I look at these pictures and feel sad. But we did have a fun time, and the cave is cool to see!
Some baby stalactites and stalagmites
Flowstone
Weird octopus-y hand things
Ziggy took a liking to the ranger who was our guide (I had told him that Park Rangers are kind of like policemen) and chatted to him companionably, asking lots of questions that the ranger didn't seem to quite want to engage with. To be fair, many were questions like "What if someone does touch part of the cave? Would they go to jail?" So maybe it's just as well.
Cool little helictites
Junie hugging her juniper friend

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...