Monday, October 6, 2025

Coral Reefs and Fish

This was one of our most fun activities of the unit, I thought! We colored (with diluted paint) a bunch of different pasta shapes, then used them to make "coral reefs" in kinetic sand. I was surprised how much the colored pasta looked like ocean coral!
We used little fish and ocean animals from our animal box to put into the reefs.
Plus a few real shells. Hey, why is there an elephant there?
Another three elephants…four elephants. Hmmph, this must be Goldie's reef.
Aren't they pretty? I see a manatee…a shark…a turtle emerging from the sand…and a penguin?
A seahorse. More elephants.
Even Clementine made one! I'm not sure what kind of reef has all these animals…but I'd like to go there!
This one seems a little more accurate…except for that pig in the corner!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...