Tuesday, July 21, 2026

Fireworks Unit Study; Flame Heat and Color

In the summer I did some "Summer School" units with the little kids since the bigger kids were busy with camps and needed more of a break :)

It was fun to revisit some of the things we'd done very long ago when the big kids were younger! 

Here are a bunch of links and resources I used when planning (most are in the table above, but it's too small and you can't click on them!)


Sparklers:

Sam gave a little art lesson on flame color (and the temperature of colors in, for example, stars) and showed the kids how to draw fireworks or flames.
Gus took it all very literally to produce this drawing
I also let the younger kids try painting fireworks with a toilet paper tube as shown in this video. It was pretty fun (though they could have gone through millions more papers than this—it goes very quickly and uses up lots of paper!).
I can't remember who did which of these pictures, so I suppose that information will be lost to the ages
Daisy's maybe?
This one was Junie's
This might have been Goldie's?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...