https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBn7iWzrKoI French rev. video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5D3hQS6ezXc Marie Antoinette
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTTvKwCylFY French Revolution crash course
https://www.prageru.com/videos/william-wilberforce-ending-the-slave-trade
*https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w96Ad6N_SGA French Revolution Part I (Dennis Prager)
*https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ND5K0xS7YQ Part II
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqJuSRLsJzc Understanding Napoleon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pd6E38FfuMg&t=172s Napoleon
I'm sorry to say that the little boys are fascinated with the guillotine! Here's a quick video about it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbBkybZMa7g
I found this book at a used bookstore (it was definitely not $172 as this linked one is!) and we have been making the paper model in the book. It's fun but takes lots of cutting and precise folding, so it took us a long time, and we had to put it away for dinner one day and just never got it back out again! So we still need to complete it. But I think it will be cool when it's done (I'll try to remember to put a picture here of it!).
The Industrial Revolution was proceeding along during these years as well. It could really be a whole unit in itself, but we did talk one day about steam power and some of the changes it brought into everyday life. We got the steam engine model linked below and it was fun to put together so we could see how the basic steam engine worked!
https://www.history.com/videos/the-guillotine
https://www.prageru.com/videos/tbh-history-industrial-revolution-part-1
https://www.prageru.com/videos/tbh-history-industrial-revolution-part-2-freedom-vs-control
Build steam engine model https://www.enginediy.com/collections/steam-engine-parts/products/steam-engine-kits-to-build


No comments:
Post a Comment