When we learned about ocean zones we made these pictures with paint sample cards from the hardware store. Gus got really interested in Ocean Zones for some reason and was always playing things about "the abyss" or "the trenches."
We used some fish stickers to show which kinds of creatures live in each zone, but of course there are never stickers of the really cool animals like gulper eels! (Daisy became obsessed with gulper eels. She says they are "adorable" and she wants one as a pet.)
This may have been Junie's favorite unit of all because she loves the ocean and everything in it! She drew her own animals on her picture (including a gulper eel for Daisy).
I love all her animals (or fish, or crustaceans…you know what I mean) in color!
A perhaps not fully accurate but very well-populated ocean (by Ziggy?)
Teddy filled in his lower zones with hand-drawn pictures
Gus made this Lego truck, specially made for transporting a Blue Whale
We also made little flip-books out of 3x5 cards to show the change in the ocean during tides. The kids drew the same scene during high tide, low tide, and various stages in between. This one is Junie's. I don't know why I don't have pictures of the others?
But this one is Gussie's, with a crab on the beach and a whale (or is that a shark? I think a whale) at low tide…
…and at high tide! So good!














No comments:
Post a Comment