Saturday, January 11, 2014

Vegetable Bars

These bars were the first thing I thought of making for our Bunny Celebration! I got this recipe from a friend in high school. She always brought these appetizers to parties and everyone just LOVED them---they were such a nice contrast to all the sweeter things that are at such events! The recipe calls for refrigerated crescent roll dough for the crust, and I'm always meaning to try out a homemade crust instead (I would make these more often if I didn't have to buy roll dough), but I never have. The crust isn't really the star of the show here, anyway.

These are Abe's favorite---he often requests them for his birthday (along with artichoke dip). I don't usually put the red peppers on top, unless I happen to have them around, but the bars are really pretty even without the red peppers. They are a beautiful addition to a buffet table.

You can call them "Veggie Bars" if you want. I would if I could, but I have a hard time doing so. :)

Vegetable Bars

2 8-oz cans refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
1 8-oz package cream cheese, softened
1/2 c. mayonnaise
1 package Ranch Dressing mix
1/2 c. grated carrots
1/2 c. finely chopped green onion or chives
1/2 c. finely chopped broccoli
1/2 c. grated cheddar cheese
(Any other chopped vegetables as desired---sweet peppers, cauliflower, etc)

Heat oven to 375. Separate roll dough into four long rectangles; place on a large ungreased cookie sheet. Press dough over bottom of pan and seal perforations. Bake at 375 for 12-15 minutes, until golden brown. Cool completely.

In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, mayonnaise, and ranch dressing mix. Beat until smooth. Spread over cooled crust. Sprinkle cheese, then carrots, then larger vegetables, over cream cheese mixture and press down slightly. Store in refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...